What do you think of this? "Noise Prompts Monroeville Restaurant To Ban Young Kids"

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/28488145/detail.html

This guy said children under 6 are to loud, so he's banned them from his restaurant.

EDIT:  This is NOT a fancy resturant by any stretch of the imagination. It's a "diner" at a golf course - where, mind you, they have a kids mini gold course...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd be interested to read the full article if you can link it. I don't have a problem when some restaurants do this though. Now, if it was a family oriented restaurant that's one thing. But if it's not family oriented and they don't want to have to deal with children at their establishment that is entirely their choice. Sometimes, even as parents, we want a night out without our kids and having to deal with other people's children.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 8:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Lol there it is.
    miss_lisa

• I think his restaurant will be a huge hit with adults who like to enjoy a nice quiet peaceful meal.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I guess it depends on the type of restaurant it is. I mean for me I like going to nice places so I taught my children from a very young age how to behave in a restaurant. I also know that if my DH and I are going out to a fancy restaurant for a date night I really don't want to be sitting next to a child that is crying and not behaving. So I can understand why a restaurant might do this, although I don't know the whole store so for this particular situation I cannot say with certainty whether they are correct in doing this or not.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• After reading the article I agree with his decision. From the looks of the place it's not really children oriented anyway. What I think is ignorant is parents who think they should be able to drag their kids to every establishment ever made.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 8:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• His restaurant, he can do as he wishes. There are days when my husband and I are out on our own, and I'd rather not be in a restaurant with a screaming, unruly, disruptive child. We try by going to high end places that have no children's menu, but it doesn't always work.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I did go back and read the article and again it is his decision. I still stand by what I said and although he may take a hit on this, he also may not.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Let me put it this way... If we're rating restaurants on a 1 to 4 star system... This guy's place gets half a star!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My daughter is 3 YO and I do agree with the owner on this one. When I go out to a fancy restaurant with my boyfriend, we make sure our kids have a babysitter so we can go out and have a peaceful, alone time together.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Personally, I don't understand how it's not considered age discrimination. If the man decided he didn't want to serve women any more, would that be his choice too? How about the elderly, still his choice?

Sorry, if you are going to run a public business you dont' get to pick and choose who is considered "public."

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011