Contractions.... Should I be concerned

ok so not to sound gross or excessive but this is my second pregnancy. I've been to the hospital about 4 times with contractions. N twice for other things like thinking I'm in labor ect. Well now I've been losing my mucus plug for about 3 weeks now. They said I'm barley a fingertip dilated. I've been losing a lot more of my plug then I even imagined cuz I never lost this much with my 1st preg. Is that normal like today there was a chunk like 6 inches long. Also I keep feeling sharp pains in my vaginal area. Is that possibly contractions? I've never heard of the before. It feels like I get stabbed with a knife down there. Is this a sign of labor or that I could go in labor soon. I've got 10 days left... Any suggestions or opinions.

P3anut

Asked by P3anut at 8:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The mucus plug will regenerate if you do not go into labor within 12 hours of losing it the first time.

It sounds like your body is definately getting ready to go into labor but it could be another few days. I do not think you are having contractions now but you may be soon. You do not need to go to L&D until your contractions are AT LEAST 5 minutes apart for 1 HOUR and last 1 MINUTE or when your water breaks.
    Anonymous

• Also try going for a long walk and see if the contractions pick up.
    Anonymous

• i whent 2 weeks eailly but u could be in labor in a few days just breath through the sharp pain good luck keep me posted
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• thank you....i just feel like its ganna be anyday now. i was having contractions 6-7 min apart just two days ago.. i also just have alot of pressure pushing down it hurts... i cant walk literally i push myself to anyways but i feel like ill fall over if i walk to quick or to much
    P3anut

Comment by P3anut (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It could just be a long process for you..Good luck!
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 4:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2011