What pills do you take for menstrual cramps ?

i take ibuprofen or tylenol but they work for about an hour , and i end up taking too many pills in a 24 hour period- more than recommended. i know it is not good for the body but i have to take it so i could function. any suggestions ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Health

• If I didn't agree with the PP I would've said, "hot tea"
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No pills
    sex or masturbation helps alot
    heating pad or warm bath will do you good as well

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I do enjoy the warm bath, but orgasm doesn't do much for me. I usually don't take pills unless I am feeling REALLY blah. When I do, Pamprin is the bomb diggety.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Nothing helps mine. I've tried OTC and prescriptions and they don't help at all. My cramps are worse (and always have been worse) than my labor pains were, without drugs. I usually just lay around with a heating pad when it's too painful to move, then when I can move I try to get into some yoga positions that help. When we get a new tub (ours is cracked), I'll be going back to relaxing in the tub. Heat is the only thing that helps me even a little. If you want to take something OTC, try Naproxen Sodium. I was prescribed a prescription strength for my cramps back in high school. Didn't help me, but a lot of people I know say that the OTC stuff helps them.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The only otc med that works for me is Excedrin Menstrual - but then again I've only used it a few months so we'll see how long it lasts for me. If I happen to have percocet leftover from something else, one of those helps. A heating pad works wonders for me. And, this one is really odd, even my doctor can't explain it - but if I have a sinus infection or something that my doc gives me steriods for, the next period I have will be nearly cramp-free AND lighter & shorter. But I can't have those every month ;).
    Anonymous