Has anyone here graduated from an online college?

I'm going back to school (again) but there are no local schools that offer the courses I want to major in. I searched for nearly a week and finally found a school located in New Hampshire (I'm in South Carolina) that has my desired major, it is much more affordable than other schools I've found online offering my major, and it's not an online school per se...they have been around a long time and have only offered solely online classes for a few years...so they are physical campus as well with sports teams and all that jazz also. I'm still a little nervous though... their online courses have gained a lot of press for being affordable, so I'm afraid a potential employer will think "online school" when they see where I graduated. I've heard online colleges aren't taken as seriously...as well as some of the "career colleges" like Strayer and Brown Mackie College.

So my question is...has anyone here graduated from an online school? Have you had any problems in terms of employers taking your degree as seriously? Were you able to find work in your chosen field? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The only thing you really need to do is to make sure the school you choose is accredited by your state as far as putting an online school on your resume you need leave out the word online, because basically the lessons are the same and if you are an independent learner and learn with out much one on one instruction this would be a great choice for you, also as a mother there are some great grants open to you were you can get as much as 6000 every six months from pell grants and federal aid here is the website that will verifiy if the school is legit http://distancelearn.about.com/od/accreditationinfo/ht/checkaccredit.htm good luck with your education and let me know how it goes
    MAFIAMAMI

Answer by MAFIAMAMI at 5:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Thanks! They have accreditation out the wazoo...they are even accredited with someplace in Europe I believe... it's basically a state University with online classes available. The adviser even said something about the word "online" not even being needed because it's NOT technically an online school...they just happen to have a few degrees where all classes can be taken online. If that made sense...lol. Thanks for your help and the website!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011