How do i like my step daughter after the way she has talked about me and disrepected me?

I've had this child since she was six, mother rarely around and a bad influnence, but she is now seventeen and my marriage is in the dumps cuz all she wants to do is lie, disrepect me , not listen to rules and my husband knowly she is wrong takes her side.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Haven't you ever been a teenager????? She IS treating you like you are her mother, this is how it goes. Try getting some counceling.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I was going to say counseling, start for you and go from there. My step son lived with us and I went through this too with his dad. He was ditching school, staying out all night and dad defended him no matter what I said, it almost turned into a power game between my ex and I...very stressful. Go get counseling for yourself and I wish you so much luck hon
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Tell her to shape up or at 18 she's outta there!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You shouldn't let a child come between your marriage. You should definitely talk to your husband about that.

It does sound like your stepdaughter is being a normal teenager.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• your husband should support his daughter... she is being a teen, you are supposed to be the adult. Deal with it or get out.
    Anonymous

• Welcome to parenting a teen! You're no worse off than bio parents of teen girls.
    Time for counseling and a serious talk with your husband.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 9:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think you should talk with your husband. I also think you should sit down and have a talk with your step daughter and let her know how you feel and try and see if both you can open up to each other.
    MommyBre21

Answer by MommyBre21 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Oh man I am going through this right now. She is being a normal teen to you. Talk to your hubs. He needs to know what is going on. You both need to come up with disipline for her disrespectful behavior. Yes that is his daughter, but that is your and his house. I love my S-kids like my own. I would NEVER do anything to hurt them. My hubs knows this and supports me in what ever disipline i use. we have also talked to the kids together and they know this also. My hubs is my sons S-dad. We had the same tal with him, well they were all there for the same talk. It sounds like she is treating you as her mom. It should blow over soon. Have a family meeting.
    Angela_1974

Answer by Angela_1974 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 24, 2011