When did colic end for your baby?

I've cut out all dairy, chocolate, spicy food, and some vegetables. She has seemed to be getting better little by little the past few days, but today it's like she's a whole new baby! I always knew there was an easy, sweet baby behind all the stomach pain she was having. Anytime before when she actually wasn't hurting she was cooing, smiling, or just really easy going in general. Anyway I'm not counting on this lasting (even though I hope it does), but she's had her first two 3 hour naps and slept amazingly, not one time has she woke up in pain from gas. Anytime she has woken up, she settles right back to sleep all on her own. She's been such an angel for her awake time too. She's up for about 2 hours at a time and the whole time she was just all smiles and cooing away.

I guess what I'm wondering is, did me changing my diet lead to this? It's been about 2 weeks since I did. If not does colic ever end before 3 months old? My daughter had tummy troubles that started around 2 weeks, got 100x worse at 6 weeks (that's when I decided to drastically change my diet), and now at 2 months old she seems completely fine! I can handle normal baby fussiness, the inconsolable crying just broke my heart though! I really do hope it's over.

ours

Asked by ours at 9:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• colic ends by 4 months...if it hasn't stopped by then well then there is something else wrong
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• yeah my kids started getting better around 4 months, I feel for you and her, it's awful! I'd say what your doing is making a difference because i really didn;t get very many breaks from it! I'd say keep it up!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Oh!! My ds had colic and it was horrible. Im glad it ended when his formula was changed. I too, could not stand to hear him cry from pain.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I hope the colic is over for you!
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 11:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2011