Octagon

when did your little one idenify this shape in particular? mine saw what she thought was a octagon in the store and i was a little surprised.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's is amazing. My son is three and can identify the circle, square, triangle, diamond, and the crescent moon. Thanks for reminding me that I should start teaching him MORE shapes. You are definitely being a great teacher for your DD.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My son knew 9 shapes, including octagon by 2. He's now 2 1/2 and gets mixed up between hexagon and octagon (he learned octagon first, so he usually calls the hexagon an octagon and I have to remind him to count the sides).

Answer by missanc at 10:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• cafemomof217, can't take the credit. she goes to daycare. but usually they do the teaching stuff for the older kids so they really dont make the little ones sit down but i was told she will if she wants to. just shocked me.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Jul. 11, 2011