When did your little one identify dinos?

mine is two and she did it yesterday. so i was wondering when your little ones did that.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I really think it depends on what he / she is interested in and what you teach him / her. My son is 2 1/2 and he can correctly differentiate between a bulldozer, excavator, backhoe loader, garbage truck, delivery truck, transporter, car carrier, etc. He has been doing this for at least 4 or 5 months and started talking about big trucks well before he was two.  That said, he won't even think about using a potty and does not know all of his colors.

blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My daughter has been really into dinosaurs since she was 2. Now, at 4, she's got a pretty good knowledge of paleontology and geology. She is in love with Prehistoric Park. Tonight she wanted me to tell bedtime stories about hungry anomalocarises swimming in the Cambrian seas.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Around 20 months he knew the main ones - t rex, stegosaurus, triceratops and then by 2 he knew TONS of them, thanks to Dinosaur Train.

Answer by missanc at 10:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• None of my kids can - but I don't care, none of them are into dinosaurs and they really don't learn about them in school. So if they never know I won't be upset - I can't identify them. Now if they watch Dinosaur Train they can some of those for a while, because of the repetition.
    Anonymous

• My baby boy is 21 months and he says 'dinosaur' and 't-rex' with a growl afterward :)
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2011