Is there a way to find out who posted something anonymously?

Also, is there a way to find out who voted a question down? I am just curious because I have seen posts that were posted anonymously and others respond by saying they know who posted it. Just me being nosy. :-)

zoomomto3

Asked by zoomomto3 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• It takes thirty seconds to do. If you have a pretty good idea of who it is based on
    How they type, spell, and words they use frequently.

Usually, if the person is following you anonymously they tend repeat prior beefs in their answers.

So once you think you know who it could be, simply check the score before, vote them down, and they lose points. The only way you lose points is anon vote downs or deleting a question or answer. So odds are pretty high it's them. I've seen people post both anon and as themselves on the same thread and literally watch their score decrease as they get voted down for the anon remarks they mad.

As far as voting down, that's a little trickier. But if someone has a harden for you and you think it's them, it probably is. Lol

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Sotprry! Typos my I pad keeps spelling words I don't want!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• As the pp stated, you can track them down. Personally, I wouldn't let it bother me that much and I wouldn't take that much time to go through the hassle. It's almost like stalking...lol!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Nah, how is it stalking if the anon has already gone to the effort to
    Post anon to hide and personally attack you wherever you go?
    Sometimes letting them know they aren't as anonymous as they think they are they think twice before they harass you again.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I just think it's silly to "follow" people around no matter which side you're on (anon poster or OP). In all honesty I hardly ever notice who is posting since I don't take it too seriously...maybe that's why I wouldn't take the time...I just don't notice...lol.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Understood. But have you ever been followed? Lol. I'm telling ya, it makes them stop. And it's not stalking, I mean it's posted for all to see. It's not like you hack their password for the info. It's just puzzle pieces. Lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Btw I only do it if they don't let up.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think it's a waste of time myself and not worth worrying about because its a never ending worthless battle. I can find better things to endeaver than looking for anons like helping people on here that really need it.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I've never been followed...at least that I've noticed...but like I said, i really don't pay too much attention to that. Who knows...maybe someone does feel I am worthy enough to follow around...lol...
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Ooooh! see MrsMWF! I have a stalker. :) I've been getting voted down all night by someone who has nothing better to do. Proves my point.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011