How to meet new people?

I am recently separated and want to make new friends. Before i met my husband I always had friends at my house on the weekends just to watch movies or play board or video games. My husband was a grouch and really didn't like to have people over so I ended up without many of my friends left after a 10 year relationship,they have all moved on to different parts of there lives.

I have always gotten along better with men and I am just looking for friendship,but I'm lost as to go about it. I have very little money to go out and do things, I moved out and then my hours got cut in half at work. I'm really lonely when the kids are not here and I don't even have ppl to chat with online. Every time I try that someone tries to turn it into cyber sex and ugh that's not what I'm looking for.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

J.Ann96

Asked by J.Ann96 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't have any advice except, I am here to chat anytime and I PROMISE...NO CYBER SEX CHAT!!! LOL.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• When I moved to a new town, I joined a church and now I know practically the whole town. There is also always some kind of activity put on by the church that need volunteers. That is a good way to meet people. Get involved in your community.
    maggiebgood

Answer by maggiebgood at 9:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Start volunteering. The only cost is gas to get there and you'll meet lots of great people.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i agree- volunteer, interact with EVERYONE there! remember names... invite them out for coffee/dinner. be friendly with both females and males... and if a guy is looking for sex- tell them straight up that you just want a friendship
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011