How do you feel about this

Sex and children before marriage, do you agree or disagree?

sunsetbeach81

Asked by sunsetbeach81 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• i feel there is no right answer to this because things happen...
    katiefernandes

Answer by katiefernandes at 9:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I had both before marriage...no biggie.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• None of my business what other people do. As for my own daughter, I hope she waits until she is an adult to have responsible sex, and I hope she waits til she is married to have a child. And preferably is married for a few years before having a child so she can get to know her future husband.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think if you really love the person then there is nothing really wrong. I am not married but would prefer to be but I can't afford it so we are waiting for our children to be older and then they will participate in our wedding..it will wonderful and cute!
    bianca2422

Answer by bianca2422 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I agree with kathy 100% but I have a son and wish the same for him. I had my son before marriage and while I do not regret him at all I do regret my decision to have him before marriage and with a man that turned very violent after he was born.

I'm now married to a wonderfull man and we are finalizing the step parent adoption hopefully very soon.

It's none of my buisness what others do though.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• disagree. sex is one thing children is another
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 9:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• its 2011 things have change
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 9:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Since I have been with someone 14 years with no intention to marry, I disagree. HOWEVER, I don't think sex and children should happen early in a relationship or before adulthood. I think you do owe it to children to at least try to make a stable two parent household. Things obviously happen, but I think they are owed the intent and a real effort.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• tntmom I am in the exact same boat as you. My eldest son's biodad was an abusive alcholic. He was the only man I was with untill I met the man I am now married to, and we have a child together. He has a son from a previous relationship, although this is the first marriage for the both of us. I wish we could have married and then have the 3 children we have, I love them so much just how they are, but if that happened they wouldnt be the sweet babies they are. Everything happens for a reason, and I am thankful for what and who I have. I am still not sure on how to answer my question, but I think if you love someone that is enough. You can take vows to love and honor each other and it still mean the same. Love to me conquers all.
    sunsetbeach81

Comment by sunsetbeach81 (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• doesnt matter to me... i had DS and i wasnt married, but i wanted to get married (to an abuser)... i've been with BF for almost 3 years and i have NO intentions of getting married, but i can definitely see myself having a life with him, carrying his children, etc.

marriage scares the CRAP outta me now... psh, living with someone scares the crap outta me! i can see myself having BF's kids before i can see myself living with the man! lol
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011