Do anybody work in a prison,know someone,or use too?

What did you like,or did'nt like about it?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 9:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• I've known/know people who have. Being a women guard in prision can be difficult as many men attempt to intimimitate you as well as seduce you(happens more than you would think) in order to get favorable treatment. But some of the women that I have talked to say that they are treated fairly well in prison, because many of the men(not all) have respect for women because they all have a mother/sister/daughter. I really depends on the prison population and the security level and autosphere of the prison.

I don't know any women that work in a womens prison so I can't comment on that.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My neighbor is a prison guard and so is my cousin. It can go either way. Some COs get really irritated and bitter being around people who make bad choices and it carries over to home. But my take on that is, "hello look! Did you think you were teaching Sunday school?"
    Then there are some very balanced officers, who do their best to keep it fair, and just do their job and go home.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I know a few lady guards I would not mess with! Wowza! Lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I work at a jail been here for 11 years. I just want to change things up,new scenery,learn different things.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Lol I'll bet you aren't to be reckoned with. :) jk

Hats off! Not an easy job! I notice you really can tell the difference from the ones who have balance in their lives and the ones that can't leave it at the jail. I'd have a hard time being balanced. Being totally honest.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• never worked in a prison but I have worked in a halfway house for men/women coming out of state/federal prisons. I loved it. I had this one ex fed coming to our facility,they were sent alone via bus with directions and a check in time,he had weed in his bag! Rt back to state prison!
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 10:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I worked in the medical department of a military brig. I loved it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:12 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• most guards i've come into contact with were ....
    i know one who married an inmate after losing her job by smuggling tobacco in to him; her friend on the medical floor got fired for having relations with another.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 2:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2011