Do you think there could be something wrong with us?

My two young boys (4 years and 21 months) and I have been sick SEVERAL times since December. We had three different illnesses in December alone, and at least two different sicknesses from January to March, and we are now sick again in July! We have come down with almost everything imaginable - cold, flus, eye infections, sinus infections, croup, etc. This is the first year that we have got sick THIS often and I am really starting to worry that something could be wrong with the three of us. My boys take vitamins every day, and we were always very healthy prior to last December. Do you think it's possible that we've had back luck or that it's just a bad year with illnesses, or should we all get checked for something??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Health

• Have you moved, gotten different furniture or carpet or mattresses or anything like that, shopped at a different grocery store, anything?
    Anonymous

• It's hard to say. There are various things which can wreak havoc on your immune system...or you may have just been exposed to bugs this year that you haven't been exposed to before, and your body didn't know how to respond right away. I would honestly be more worried if you were getting the SAME infections or illnesses over and over rather than various ones. I seriously doubt you and your boys all three came down with some horrifying condition all of a sudden to predispose you to every illness under the sun. There are many things which can impact your immunities. Stress can lower the immune system. If your son started school, he's probably bringing home lots of new and exciting germs to share. Same if you happened to be in public more often. Dieting can also affect your immune system. Or changes in your eating habits, since OTC vitamins can only do so much. Check with your doctor, but I personally would say you're fine. JMO.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The Dr. may need to give you all something to bulid-up your immune system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2011