Who is without their DH tonight?

Mine left on a business trip this morning. He laughs that I cry when he leaves...'it's not like I'm not coming back" he says. I just tell him that if I wanted to go to bed alone each night, I wouldn't have married him.

I dread going to bed without him. Half of me is missing.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• My hubby works field turf and travels around the states 7 months out of the year, i feel ya :(
    MommyBre21

Answer by MommyBre21 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No, but after tomorrow I will be for 3 weeks, we are in Queensland Australia and he is going to the outback of the northern territory for work.....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I remember how that felt, so I can empathize with you. My now ex works for the railroad. When we first got married he was working in town, but after our daughter was born he had to work out of town. It was too far away to drive home everynight, so I was alone Monday-Friday. I was always so sad when he'd leave every Sunday at 3am. He adjusted to being gone all week better than I did, because he looked at it for what it was--his job. It wasn't easy taking care of an infant alone either, so that made it harder on me physically & emotionally. You could try using the times your DH is gone to particpate in an activity or hobby you like, learn to make a new dish to surprize your DH with when he comes home, go out & have dinner with your friends, tackle a chore that you've been putting off; anything to keep you & your mind from dwelling on the fact that your DH isnt home.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 10:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Mine is technically "home" tonight, he's just working til like midnight. But i feel ya, mine is military and even though he doesn't deploy much, he goes on pretty frequent TDY's that can be anywhere from a few days to a month, and it gets lonely but you get used to it. Overall, I am happy with these "short" times apart because many of my friends have it SO much worse, with hubbys who are gone most of the year. Mine currently has orders to Korea for a year, unaccompanied, but we are not sure if he is getting to keep the orders so I'm waiting to find out =) This has been a way of life for me for 14 years so I just kind of roll with the punches and make things to keep me busy while he's gone. I make blankets, I take our kids out, I clean a lot more, and at night I stay up watching tv or chatting with friends online til I have to go to bed :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I know what you mean but in my case it is different bc mine works nights I know mine is near by and will be home in the morning but whether they are near or far YOU still MISS them next to you cuddling. Hang in there he will be home before you know it.
    GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Mine is deployed. We're about to hit 9 months, so I'm very antsy and the kids are really starting to feel antsy too. They are both acting out because they are still a bit young to express exactly how they feel.

I can definitely relate when you say half of you is missing. It wears me down to be without him.

I'm sorry your DH laughs at you when he is leaving. Life is short and we never know what will happen. Maybe that's just his way of coping with leaving, even though it's a bit cruel.

*hugs*
    Hope he has a safe business trip and returns home to you in one piece, so you can kick his butt for laughing :P
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Oh, he isn't mean when he laughs about it. It's more of an "I'm not even gone yet" type of thing.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• mine works out of town 5 days a week and is home on weekends.....He left tonight but I'm going to pay him a visit in the middle of the week for a lunchdate
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• mines works at night so Im alone most of the week as he sleeps in the day and is gone at night. I dont like it much since I'm occupied with kids and work never have qt during week with him but I deal, I guess thats love.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 4:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2011