Did anyone hear "Airborne dietary supplements has agreed to pay $7 million to settle allegations by Maine ....."?

Anyone else hear this news? Anyone been affected or get a good payout?
I am so glad Airborne is finally paying for their false claims. So many kids were getting sick, their juice is actually banned in some schools now.
"It does not admit wrongdoing." Well of course not or they would be open to a ton of other lawsuits.

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 8:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• I know they settled for a huge sum of money in March for false advertising. Is this a newer lawsuit?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes, this is the second the first was much larger "The company agreed earlier this year to pay out $30 million to settle nearly identical allegations stemming from a class action lawsuit brought by consumers and the Federal Trade Commission."

The report

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• But I don't understand. In your post you said so many kids were getting sick. Was the product making kids sick?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Perhaps you should check out what Airborne actually is. It is not "juice" although they do have a drink mix. The lawsuit does not claim that Airborne is making kids sick. I highly recommend Airborne myself. I am a daycare provider and since using the product, I have not gotten any colds. I started using it in 2004. I know many others who will swear by it. I don't believe that Airborne should make claims of a clinical study where they have not done any study. That is definately wrong but I do believe the product works :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 10:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I actually love the product myself and am unsure as to what the real case is in this situation as it just isn't clear
    BabyDrewmom

Answer by BabyDrewmom at 11:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2008