My SO doesnt have friends and im paying for it

he admited this to me one day and it all began to make sense, he puts on an act as if he's THE MAN but inside he's dying. i just realized this, its not my lack of love that makes him not want to come home, its his! he knows loves at home but wants approval/friendship from the outside world so hes not home and is constantly trying to meet new people. in which case, im waiting to be his good girlfriend while he's not there. tell you the truth people just dont like him right off the bat or even if they give him a chance. its not always the case but half the time they get the wrong impression. they think he's trying to be the leader of the pack even if an older person (who's been around the block) is in the room for example. he DOES have friends but he still doesnt feel accepted enough. im glad im not the only one that sees how much i put up with. anyway, im not going to leave for this stuff because i dont feel like he would be loved by anyone else as much as i love the bastard lol. so do i just wait till he makes friends then, or explain to him that "it's just you and me and us and the world"..he always says im his world, but if he acts on it i think hell seem needy

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Hmm. I don't have many friends either but that means I AM home all the time. Sounds like he's not too anti-social if he always has a place to hang out.
    Anonymous

• lol i agree! i have NO friends and i'm home. but i'm content with my BF who visits at times, and my son. tell him to cut his friend finding to just one day a week. the rest of the time is spent with family; who knows he might meet other dad-friends when he's with you guys
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• he's def not anti social! ill let him know he can still converse with others while im around lol
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2011