What is the fastest method to lose about 50 lbs?

I have had 3 kids since 2005 and my body looks it. In order for me to start feeling better about myself, I want to lose weight and like what I see in the mirror. I have tried eating better and exercising but that is a slow process and I want my old body back NOW and dont care what I have to do to get that sooner than later. I am motivated by proven, immediate results not theories. Any ideas?

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• The only way to lose the weight, and keep it off, is to work at it! Time + effort = results. In order to lose two pounds a week (which is the recommended weight loss), you need to burn 500 calories a day, and reduce your diet by 500 calories a day. There is NO magic pill, NO magic water/drink. It is strickly hard work and self control.
    I've lost 57 pounds in the last 8 months. Start walking. Walk at a good pace for an hour a day. Then go faster, then jog a bit, then jog more...put the time in, the effort in and it will pay off! I went from an 18 to a 4!
    jenniferoakes

Answer by jenniferoakes at 11:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Cardio.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I know of something that will help if portion control or appetite are a problem. pm me

BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 12:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Unfortunately, there is no "Miracle Weight Loss Method" outside of Lipo, your ONLY choice is Diet and Exercise. I've just recently started the Abs Diet (there's a group on here you can join) I got my book, and just dove right in. It's been two weeks, and I've lost 5lbs, and counting. What's great about it, I'm not starving, I'm always full. I LOVE IT!! I recommend that you try it. Pills can mess with your whole system, and the point of losing weight (for me at least) was to get healthy. It will take time, but that time is teaching you a new lifestyle. to keep you fit for life, not just for now.
    foxylady8217

Answer by foxylady8217 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• okay... i don't know if you've heard of the 3 day diet. if you google it (which you will need to to get the menu), but you will find A LOT of criticism. This diet, if you are diligent, will yield an average 5lb/week loss. That's really a lot more than most plans have to offer. Exercise? Not really much involved.. just normal daily activities.. not sitting on the couch or at the computer. Working around the house and what not is fine. (At the moment, I'm looking to mix in an exercise program because I'm feeling not only obese, but out of shape..lol)

I only post this, becuase it worked for me a while back. Now, I've found myself in the same situation as you after poppin out a couple more babies back to back and I'm going for it again. You just have to stick to it and not cheat. And take the note very seriously about not overeating on your days off of it.

Anonymous

• I'm sure many ladies are going to come in behind me and start bashing this.. saying it doesn't work or that its not healthy. Well, there is nothing that works this fast that is healthy. They also say that you will gain the weight back very quickly. Once I went off of it before, I went back on it about once a month or so, instead of every week.
    I'm only sharing this experience because it worked for me.
    Anonymous

• I googled the three day diet, and the weight lost is mainly water weight. By basicly starving yourself three days a week, you are more prone to gain weight, than lose it. It is a DANGEROUS diet to take on. It is akin to advocating anorexia.
    Anonymous

• Plastic surgery. But its extremely expensive
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You can cut your head off. LOL.. no seriously.. excersise and diet will keep it off..or biggest loser show
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Start out with Cardio. Do at least 20 minutes & keep your heart rate up. Then start doing weight training. Building a little muscle will help you burn off unwanted calories that you eat during the day. Try to eat healthy & if you have a hard time, you need to count your calorie intake. Go out & buy the Abs diet book or check it out in your local library.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008