Orajel

Do you use Orajel for your baby? If not, why?

MommyofTwo331

Asked by MommyofTwo331 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes i do, but i also use wet wash clothes that i freeze, and she loves chewing on beef jerkey.
    MommyBre21

Answer by MommyBre21 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes, I did, although my Dr said not to use it unless necessary because it's toughens the gums which makes it harder for their teeth to come thru. Idk if that's true, but when you need it you need it.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 10:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No. She didn't like it AT ALL! I let her chew on frozen french fries until they got soggy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• nop, didn't use anything. My son is 7 months and has 4 teeth already
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No, that stuff tastes nasty. We used natural cinnamon oil instead.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• sure did worked amazingly
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 10:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I dont use oragel...I just let him chew on teethers and if he is really uncomfortable I give him motrin so he can sleep
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 10:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i used it on my son who is now 5 years old and he hated it!! i mean he made this face like i had just given him the most sour pickle in the world,then he gagged and eventually he threw up on me!!

i was told not to use it more than 2 times a day because it eats the babies tastebuds...idk if thats the truth but if it is then i sure as hell wouldnt have used it....but there is nothing wrong with just a frozen wash rag,a teething ring,a textured baby blanket,a soft textured toy,or whatever else....my mom gave me a pork chop lol.....i hated frozen stuff so she really had no other choice because i refused everything she tried except the pork chop....

ive also heard that the biter bisquits work just as good,the only thing is when your baby gets it all gross and chewy you have to use the other side....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Oragel is dangerous and could cause the baby to choke. For teething I used natural drops and they worked well.

Gentle Naturals

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I don't use it. It doesn't numb for an extended period only instant. My LO hates it!!!!
    I do a frozen wash rag as well. I got a vibrating teether which he seems to really like. I also heard that the little mesh fruit bag sorry I don't know the name of it but you put a piece of fruit in this little bag type thing and if you freeze a piece of banana or something that works great. We're going to try that this week. It's messy but if you're at home, you know.
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2011