any one else

is anyone else besides me cleaning out their childs room to make room for christmas toys that they will be getting? my daughter is a year old and her room is so full of crap now i have to get rid of some of it to make room for the things she will be getting for christmas

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• yep, its that time of year. clean out the toys that they havent used to make room for the new toys they wont use LOL
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 9:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I did that a few days ago. We sent like 3 bags of nothing but toys to Goodwill.
    LilMae.N.MDJr

Answer by LilMae.N.MDJr at 9:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I haven't done it yet because I am dreading it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• we have a three bedroom apartment one room is the dogs ( great dean and boxer) i am goin to have to child proof their room so she has enought room for all of her stuff. its crazy its not that she is gettin a lot its just its all big stuff. i do have to say she is a lil spoild lol
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes! I'm also selling it on Kijiji. Anything I don't sell we will donate. My husband was against it and my son picked up on it but I've since convinced them that it's ok. My kids will get the money for the toys of theirs that they sell to put in their piggy banks. I've also told them that no new toys can come in till there's room for them, that worked on my husband, he's a chronic toy shopper! Before we donate any we will ask the kdis what they would like to have at their grandparents houses to play with and then they will come with me to donate them. The grandparents aren't thrilled about having the toys they lovingly bought for the kids sold or given away!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Sort of. Since we plan to continue having kids, I don't like to get rid of too much. I have one bag to give to goodwill of toys/books that the kids never liked or played with much, and the rest, I'll be getting plastic bins to put them in and store them in the basement.

Also, since the kids get SOOOOOO many toys every year for Christmas and birthdays, they open their gifts and I let them pick one (mostly by observing which one they play with most) and then the rest of the toys go in the bottom of the closet for me to rotate through throughout the year. I'm still frustrated by how much crap they get, but that at least works for me.
    dovetailthreads

Answer by dovetailthreads at 10:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My baby is only four months so he doesn't have a lot yet. I have a friend with older boys and before every Christmas and birthday she makes them round up a giant black trash bag full of toys to give to Goodwill or to a needy family. It's the boys responsibility to pick out the toys, make sure they have all the pieces, and clean the toys. Otherwise they don't get new one. I think it's a great idea!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2008