What book are you reading right now? What is your favorite book?

I just started reading Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys today, and I'm already almost halfway through it. I really recommend it for anyone who is interested in historical novels should really read it. Here is a description I found for it:

In 1941, fifteen-year-old Lina is preparing for art school, first dates, and all that summer has to offer. But one night, the Soviet secret police barge violently into her home, deporting her along with her mother and younger brother. They are being sent to Siberia. Lina's father has been separated from the family and sentenced to death in a prison camp. All is lost.

Lina fights for her life, fearless, vowing that if she survives she will honor her family, and the thousands like hers, by documenting their experience in her art and writing. She risks everything to use her art as messages, hoping they will make their way to her father's prison camp to let him know they are still alive.

It is a long and harrowing journey, and it is only their incredible strength, love, and hope that pull Lina and her family through each day. But will love be enough to keep them alive?

It is amazingly well written, and it really makes you feel like you are right there on the journey with Lina and her family. I can't wait to see how it ends.
But, i am looking for a suggestion for a book to read after I finish this one. I'm interested in all genres, so any good book recommendations are appreciated!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 10:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Im reading Johnny Angel, by Danielle Steel and so far its really good :)
    MommyBre21

Answer by MommyBre21 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I am rereading "Lessons Before Dying" for a college class. I have to write a paper for my final and have to find the correct passages to complete it.

I have many favorites. Really, too many to name.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'm reading "Lies that Chelsea Handler told me"

I have many many favorites. I'm a bookwhore.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Something by Christopher Pike - don't remember the name....maybe Remember Me. My daughter and I share books.

Favorite - I read too many books to name just one favorite. Like the Sookie Stackhouse Novels, The Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels, Karen Moning's novels, O. Melling's Novels Terry Goodkind, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, J. Kellerman, F. Kellerman, J. Patterson, J. Deaver, and many, many more.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I am re-reading "I Lost Everything in the Post-Natal Depression" by Erma Bombeck.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Oh, and I have a Nook Color - and love the Free Friday downloads - I'm reading The Last Boy - a Mickey Mantle bio on that.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Twinsplus2more, I used to love Christopher Pike lol. I read them well into adulthood and I still would if there were some I hadn't already read :)
    AprilDJC

Comment by AprilDJC (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Water for elephants
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'm reading "Les Miserables". The longest book EVER I think (I read War and Peace in no time), but so many good bits!!!

Also reading some Wodehouse, Jeeves and Wooster in my spare time, and a book by NT Wright about the Bible for church. Also just finsihed _The Shack_. Lots of Christians LOVE that one, I thought it was OK but not surprising, new or inspiring.

My favourites are strange, run the gamut from Jane Austen to Tolkien. I love reading, but I tend to like old books. Which works out well- most are free on the Kindle!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'm reading The Herb Quarterly since i'm a gardener and cook ,also has pet tips.
    Anonymous