need some help

ok i had the Mirena in for about two years and took it out in August then i went on the pill and stopped taking it in October and now i really want to have a baby but it hasent happened yet and i was wondering my period has came on the 17 every month since then witch make my cycle every 30 days right? and when would be the best days to have sex? ~~Thank You~~

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• That would make your cycle 30-31 days. You probably ovulate 11-16 days before that, which means anywhere from cycle days 15-21 (the 31st to the 6th or the 1st to the 7th of the month), and you would be most fertile 2-3 days before that. You can narrow that down more by charting your basal body temperature and/or cervical mucus (check out www.fertilityfriend.com for more info on that), and/or by using ovulation prediction kits. To cover your bases, you should have sex at least every other day from the 28th (or sooner) to the 8th.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with the last poster, it is more accurate to chart your temp and pay attention to your cervical fluid because even if you have very regular periods you may not ovulate at the "normal" time. Everyone is different. A great book to help you is called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It is a companion to the website mentioned above. You might see if your library has it. Or it is worth buying. My friends and I have it and refer to it constantly! I found the website a little overwhelming until I had read over book and gotten the general idea. Then it really was much simpler than it seemed at first.
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2008