How many?

How many contractions should I have in one hour before I call my doc just to let them know that I'm having contractions? I know not to go to L&D until they are 3-5 minutes apart. But I'm on my 4th contraction now in like 45 minutes. They havent progressed and havent gotten any stronger or anything and they are barely painful at all, just mostly pressure as of now. Should I just wait a few more hours to make sure they are real?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The amount in an hour isn't important. Its's how close they are together. And if you aren't 3-5 minutes apart, they will end up sending you back home.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I know they will send me home but I have to call my doc before I even go to the hospital. So I was just curious when I should call to give them a heads up. I live about half hour away.
    SMG1120

Comment by SMG1120 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would wait. See if they get closer and stronger. Maybe try getting some rest for a while. If it is the real thing, you'll need it! GL.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• How far along are you?
    How long does each contraction last?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2011