How do I help my hubby with his depression?

My husband and I are currently going thru bankruptcy, foreclosure and the loss of his business due to the economy. We've found a cute little house with a large yard to rent, are just about all moved in. The kids are doing better than I anticipated with the move, but my husband is not. He has not even tried looking for a job! I have been all over him and searching for jobs for him but I think I'm just making it worse. I asked him this morning why he isn't making any attempt to look, and he told me he is depressed, that he feels like he has hit rock bottom! I don't know what else to do or say to get him out of this slump! Can anyone please give me some sort of advice? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• depression is very difficult to handle by yourself. if he is just down, he does need a kick in the butt, but if it is chronic depression you need to be supportive. he need professional help, you can not do it. he must see a councelor and mabey get on meds. getting mad at him will only make him more depressed,
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 9:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• doub;le post dude...i answered the other one
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2008