Don't you find it hard to put your baby down?

My baby is four months old now. Ever since I brought him home I can't seem to put him down. My house is ALWAYS a mess. It looks like a bomb went off in here, but I just can't put him down. It's not because he's crying or whining for me, I just want to hold him all the time. Did this happen to you? Did you let your house fall apart or did you suck it up and put your baby down so you could clean? I even hold him in his sleep!!

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 9:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's your first.

You're doing it right.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That is really sweet that you're so in love with your baby. Looking back on those early months, I miss them terribly and wish I would have cherished them more. In all honesty, there is nothing more important than holding your baby. The cleaning and laundry will get done eventually...even if someone else has to do it. However, now that your baby is getting older, you should probably consider putting him down for his own sake...he needs floor time, tummy time to develop his muscles and learn about the world. In the next few months, he'll need to learn to soothe himself to sleep...while he is still young enough to make it an easy transition.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• awe....i understand you. i am not quite that extreme but I (and the hubby too) did and do hold ours all the time. you dont get hardly anything done and the kids end up really spoiled (whats that?) but i think its worth it.
    Msunique80

Answer by Msunique80 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I am very much in love with my child and would love to hold her all the time, she is wiggly, and want to play on the floor. Yes my house did fall apart in the first few months, it still looks like a bomb went off in here. The cleaning and laundry can wait, but the time that you spend with your child you will cherish for the rest of your life. But your LO will need to learn how to play by themselves, and soothe them self to sleep soon.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Oh wow! My baby is 4 months old too and i hold him all the time since i brought him home from the hospt. People always tell me to break the habit because i am going to make it on myself . I never listen. My husband always yells at me for the house being messy but id rather hold my baby and play with him. He is my first and its normal to feel that way. Now he goes to daycare and is used to being put down but when he comes home he rarely gets put down by me.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Don't get me wrong, by son gets lots of floor time. He loves to play, he rolls and rolls all over the place and my doctor stressed tummy time from day 1 (well literally day 2 actually!). I'd just rather hold him or lay on the floor with him than do anything else is the world. He sleeps in my lap during the day and that's when I do Cafe mom! I did just get a port-a-crib for my living room and he is starting to take some naps in there so I can get stuff done and so he gets used to it, but I just love being with him!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I was that way and if my daughter was little again, I would not change a thing. My baby is adopted and I could not believe that God and her birth family gave me such a gift. My house was spotless before her and I could care less. I rocked her to sleep everynight. I cried when she went from the bassinet to the crib. The love is unmeasurable. Everyone told me that I would spoil her, but she is now 4 1/2 and not spoiled. Follow your heart, they are young only once...I still watch her as she sleeps...give your baby a kiss from me.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• my baby gets held alll the time. i try to hold him as much as possible but i have a big family that LOVES him so he sees a lot of family and unfortunately i dont get to hold him ALL the time like i want to.
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 11:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2008