Do you go on field trips with your childs class?

I know I have a ways to go before I even think about that as my daughter is only 2. But I was actually thinking about this the other day. I was wondering if any of you go on field trips with your childrens class? I think it would be fun to do once in a while. Not everytime of course. I was just curious to see how many moms go. Thanks!!!

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not everytime is the key - but yes, you will love it.

Plus it's good "face time" with the teacher.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I've been on a few, I've really enjoyed them and it's really important to develop a good relationship with your child's teacher so I would definitely recommend it!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 10:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I usually went with my older two children on field trips. We have a small school so parents were always needed to drive and I was one of the rare parents who didn't "work" so they always needed me. They never had any problems with it and I loved going with them. I'll do the same for my 5 year old twins now that they've started school. I have some great memories from going with my older two kids on their field trips and can't wait to do it again. I highly recommend going if you can.
    isledymnd

Answer by isledymnd at 10:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• last yr i went to the zoo w/ my daughters kdg. class. This year couldn't go cause now my son is in preschool and gets out around lunchtime.but i try to go when i can.
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 10:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I tri too! Sence we have to drive our kids to field trips or we car pool. But I dont go then her grandma takes. I don't trust people with driving my kids or even going with them so I try to make someone in our family is there.
    lesliekaym27

Answer by lesliekaym27 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have and IMP I have 1 word for it EXCRUCIATING! They always ride the bus there's just too much noise,distractions, I dunno ~ I'll meet her there if my work schedule permits but not on that bus ever again ~ I don't even like thinking about it ~ I'm friends with her teacher so I really don't need that 1 on 1 time as much as others we email each other all the time so I know what's going on but try it once ( let us know how it turns out)   

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Me or my husband plan on being present for every one. I was in a school where the bus drivers were reckless and the teachers could have cared less.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Sometimes. It depends on the destination and whether I have to drag a younger sibling along. My first field trip was to a petting farm, with a group of kindergartners and my 2 year-old. It was exhausting and I was terrified I would lose one of the kids assigned to me because they just couldn't seem to stay together. But I loved visiting the Natural History Museum with my daughter's first grade class. I'm a biologist, so I enjoyed telling my small group of kids all about the fossils. Some of them had never been there before!

But I don't feel obligated to go every time. Fortunately, there are enough moms willing to help that we can take turns.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 12:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I go if my children ask me to. Well actually at our school there are so many parents that would like to go that they have to pull names. I have not always gone.

I am also used as the back up. The know that I am a SAHM so if someone cancels at the last minute they might call me.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I went on every one when he was younger, like in Kinder, and first grade, mainly cause I am paranoid abot him getting lost and the teacher wouldn't notice. He likes to wonder or run ahead, and that scares me. Now, with him being in third grade and 8 yrs old, he knows to stay with the group and I feel more confident about him going. Plus, I do work, and it's ahard for me to get off on all field trips. Luckily I was able to do that the first two years of school. I will do it the same way with my 2 year old when he goes as well. My biggest fear is if my child gets lost and cannot be found, or is taken from a fieldtrip without anyone noticing right away.
    txtykade

Answer by txtykade at 12:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008