Ever wonder how some kids act so perfectly and some are wild no matter what the parents do

For instance I work at a retail place and there is a woman who comes in with 3 under 3 and they just follow her around and they just ask their mom a bunch of questions and what not but are so well behaved.......

Then there are moms who come in with just one child and they( the kids) reek havoc and the mom has no control no matter how hard she tries

I remember not to long ago me and dh stayed overnight at a hotel and had breakfast in the dining room and 2 parents had 3 boys all under 6 all eating perfectly and being well behaved and just wondered how they had just decent boys, they were just eating, not playing like my son would have been doing. Which back then my son was hard to keep still .

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• My kids are normally very well behaved. When I take them to the grocery store I take them about 8:30 in the morning, they are full from breakfast, not tired, in a decent mood. Some parents (my sister) don't care what time of day it is if they want to be out then they are going to go. My poor nephew ends up missing his nap and not getting regular meals because his mother puts her needs before his. *NOT SAYING THAT ANYONE ON THIS POST DOES THIS WITH THEIR CHILDREN, I WAS ONLY POINTING OUT MY SISTER*
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Children have different temperaments. Parents have different parenting styles.
    Anonymous

• I wonder all the time. My first is a wild one, I'm glad his two little sisters are more mellow so I can show that it isn't entirely my fault. LOL
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Ive always wondered why my kids act so well with my husband and when he is around but ignore me, and yell and scream when its me
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• As the mother of 8, sometimes it is just the childs temperament, all of mine have been parented the same with maybe a tweak here and there to fit their personality but the core of my parenting is the same with each of them. It wouldn't be unusual to see 1-2 of them acting up while the others are better behaved and that doesn't reflect on me (although it can feel like it) it's just a part of that child. It's sad that it is always assumed the parents have done something wrong when children are individuals and don't all fit into a mold.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think kids also have their days. Some days my kid will be a hellion, other days he's calm and quiet.
    Anonymous

• Their personalities are so different it's crazy! My first child is very well behaved at 3 years, and always has been. My second child is and always has been a handful and active active active! It's difficult to get her to focus on one thing for very long at all.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have one of each kind of kid. Like another mom stated, I'm glad my daughter is well behaved because if people judged our parenting only based on some of my son's behavior we'd probably be seen as lacking. My kids have had different temperments since they were infants. The reality is that although my daughter is the "behaved" one, my son is just as nice of a kid. He is and always has been somewhat hyper and impulsive but he's very sweet and considerate in his own way : )
    cege

Answer by cege at 12:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Good point matthewscandi
    the mom with the perfect kids that comes to the store always comes in the morning before lunch now that I think about
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• If the kid has no medical reason to be acting that way, then I blame the parents. You can't be a piss-poor parent and expect your children to magically behave.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2011