Hubby is nervous about having second daughter......

We have a 5 1/2 year old and she is a big time daddy's girl. She goes outside with him every night and they play and do chores and he puts her to bed every night. He has made comments on how he don't think he can love another child like he does her and he is worried that he won't get the closeness with this baby. I am not sure how my daughter is going to handle the new abby girl either. She has made comments on how she doesn't want daddy holding another girl and she asks him if he will still love her after baby sister gets here. How do I deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• For your daughter, I would make everything you say about the baby include her. Like, your little sister will sleep here. You can help me put her to bed. Your little sister will love you sooooooo much. You can teach her all sorts of things. ........ You can also help her feel special by getting her a "big sister" tshirt and some books about being a big sister (http://www.google.com/#q=books+for+big+sisters&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&ei=5GsaTr-6Csj20gGuyYmXBQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CEwQzAMwAg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=872e23e8f43f573e&biw=1600&bih=737)

As for DH, I was like this when we were pregnant with my second. I cried and cried bc I didn't know how I could possibly love another human as much as I loved my first. Reassure him that though his relationship w/her may be different, his love for her will be the same. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It will be fine. He will not love the second daughter as much as the first because they are 2 different people. He will love her just as much for different reasons. With each child our hearts expand. We love more not split love.
    As for DD, it sounds like she is dealing with only-child syndrome. That is something that you will just have to work thru but get her as involved as much as you can even down to picking out things for the baby.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I don't know but here is a bump for you!
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011