How can i not feel jelouse over an x - wife?

Today is the day my boyfriends x wife left him high and dry a year ago. I dont know how to cope with him missing her. It hurts me really bad. I know its hard to get over somebody, but when will i feel like he doesnt miss her and he wants to be with me.

JennyBenny183

Asked by JennyBenny183 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I can't say that your BF is not into you because he prob. is. I have moved on since my divorce. Does my divorce and failure of dreams bother me, YES. Does it mean that I am not into the man I am with now, NO. Just because he mourns the loss of his marriage, doesn't mean that you are the Transition/Rebound girl. I will forever grieve over the loss of dreams/hopes that I had with my ex-husband. People move on, but they can't change the damage a failed marriage does to their soul. Give him space today. If he reaches out to you, comfort him, but don't force your support on him. Good luck, sweetie. I know it hurts, but this is making him a stronger person.
    motheroftwo1203

Answer by motheroftwo1203 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• If he is "missing" her he is not over her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Um..............

Is this guy really your BF? Or do you just really want him to be?

Not bashing but it doesn't sound like he's moved on much.....
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Jenny, it may take a while. You might be the rebound relationship if they split only a year ago.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Jealousy is a sign of a person's own insecurities. Take a long, hard look in the mirror and question why you're with this person to begin with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You are calling this guy your BF and he has not gotten over his X, and it's been a only a year sense their break up. So that makes you the REBOUND/GF/Relationship. I will give you some advice,  RUN, AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS GUY.  Find a guy that is totally single

Answer by louise2 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Sometimes if children are involved...the X is not over the loss of his children not being in their life on a daily basis. If that is your case, time will heal that wound. If your BF is not over the loss of his X wife then I would take a hard look at yourself and what you want for yourself. He is the only one that can get over what ever he his feeling. Talk to him about it...if it is her that he is missing, you need to figure out how you fit in all of this.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2008