Do you think minority group interests are represented within your community?

I could really use some help here I am not trying to get people to do my homework I am looking for ther peoples point of view if anyone can help me I just have this question which I could use some advice on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I would be considered a minority and I find it insulting that we need something special in our community for us.

Anyone who separates people because of race I would consider to be racist.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It really depends on the community and the connections within that community. I don't believe that it is equal opportunity.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Like how? Social Groups? They have to start them themselves. If someone doesn't have that in their community, they only have themselves to blame. Individuals have to start stuff like that.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• How is MY community and whether or not minority groups are represented going to help YOU?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• The minority within my community are definitely getting their interests represented, entirely too much. There was a lawsuit brought against the city law enforcement community year and a half ago claiming there was a Black citizen was overlooked for the job he was applying for (SGT's exam) He and another White guy took the test, (the results were made public after the lawsuit was filed) the Black guy failed plain and simple. He claims the tests were different, and they were. It was made that way to prevent any cheating. Black guy claimed his test was harder cause and the city was being racist. The NAACP got involved, the Revered Al Sharpton put his nose in it. They pointed out there was only 2 black detectives on the squad so why wasn't there more? Long story short, the City decided to pass the Black guy and made him detective to prevent " potential riots" This incident isn't the 1st time this has happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2011