Your men and texting... Just for fun :D

So here it goes...

I write really sweet messages on my boyfriends FB wall and he either DOESN'T respond, or just clicks "LIKE"

OR

I text him a really sweet text message ... breifly put, I say how it feels when I kiss him, when I think about kissing him, how I smile just thinking of his amazing smile.. I get really sweet and all he says is, "I'm happy you feel that way, I love you and I'm happy where things are going."

Is it that he has a chemical embalance, clueless on what to say, or what?! Sometimes he gets really sweet but other days when I'm really needing the mushy stuff he's so "blah" so when he doesn't responds in the way I like... I ignore him... lol

Are your guys like that too?? Give examples and how you respond to his "not all there" messages...

Just for fun, cuz I'm really bored! :D

Kilahs_mommy_06

Asked by Kilahs_mommy_06 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

Level 2 (-82 Credits)
  • I think it's partly their clueless nature, or maybe they don't know what to say? I do the same thing, send hubby zesty little texts and tell him how much I love him, I get a response of "OK, thanks"?? WTH??? I mean, I'm not saying he needs to go hit the bathroom if I send him a racy message, but act like you get it, dangit!
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Some people just aren't good with words. Ask him if he likes getting the messages and if he does keep sending them. Don't worry about him not responding in the way you hoped he would. My guess is that it is a nice ego boost for him.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• hahaha thats like my hubby! :P
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 11:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Ha ha I am so happy to hear he isn't the only clueless guy out there :D
    Kilahs_mommy_06

Comment by Kilahs_mommy_06 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Maybe he would rather talk to you. Maybe actually hearing the nice things you say to him will mean more since typed messages lack a personal or sensitive factor. And if you already do this, maybe he just figures you are just adding to what you say and feels he doesn't need to respond.
    Pooke626

Answer by Pooke626 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yes, my guy is like this too. I'll send him a sweet text or something saying I am really looking forward to seeing him again, and he'll respond with this: :) and it's like, would it have killed you to at least say me too? It really doesn't bother me too much, I mean that's just the way he is. And there are times when he sends me awesome messages, that makes up for the reticence of previous times.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Ya it doesn't upset me when he doesn't respond the way I think he should ha ha I just send a smile or and aww thanks, or ignore him so he can be on the "wth?!" end of it. ha ha I asked him if he likes the messages I send and he said,"I do! I love to hear you love me!" aw he's sweet. He posted a really sweet post on FB one day I almost cried... So I guess he's gotta be in the mood to lay it on me lol
    Kilahs_mommy_06

Comment by Kilahs_mommy_06 (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• we're kind of the reverse. i don't know how to respond without sounding like a cliche pud.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 2:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my SO made a heart picture with our pictures in it for Facebook and asked me to put it on my wall because it wouldn't look right if he did. I refused and laughed at him. Its sometimes just a guy thing, them not knowing what to say, and then them worrying about what the guys will think. I dont sweat it. I just laugh and do him the same way.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 4:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2011