My son has a new laptop, what would be good assessories to buy him for Christmas?

When we bought it he had mentioned a couple things (something USB) and I can't remember ! Agh! Help!

momofne

Asked by momofne at 9:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Shopping

• I hate using my lap top and mostly its because of how small the keyboard is and I hate using the little mouse that it has on the keyboard. I would suggest a wireless regular keyboard that also has the 10 key numbers a long with it. A wireless mouse and an extra battery for the LT it's self.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• A flash drive is always helpful... It's a tiny little stick thing that you can save things on (pictures, school work, anything!) & it plugs into your USB (a port on the computer). If your son is in school, this is something that he will really get a lot of use out of, and they aren't expensive. I think I might have paid $15 for mine. If the computer doesn't already have the Microsoft programs and some time of Antivirus software on it, those are also good things that he'll really need. I'm not sure what "something USB" thing he was talking about.... Maybe a USB cable? It's a cord that you can use to connect things from your computer to a printer, etc. Anyway, good luck & Merry Christmas!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• a cooling platform if he is going to use it on his lap
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I would do a flash drive to store info on and the make all kinds in all price ranges i would alsothink about a bag to carry it in! how old is he?
    bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• He's 19 and he does have a case.
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 12:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have 2 boys and they are always using earphones in their laptops to listen to music so maybe those would be nice and a wireless mouse. Also a wireless printer would be nice!
    bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Depends, how old is your son?? I can recommend a whole slew of things if I know his age.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with the PP that said a USB Flash drive -- the price has really gone down on those. I got my husband this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220253   These are useful for papers, college, work related items, moving items easily from your laptop to desktop.  My husband uses his religiously.

Headphones with a microphone if he is a gamer..  A USB Mouse?  A lap desk...

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Everyone above has hit the nail right on the head. A mini cordless mouse, headphones w/ a microphone, a cooling platform or even a wedge that will allow the computer to sit up at a comfortable level on his lap while staying cool, a thumb drive (flash drive), software according to his needs (Microsoft Professional 2007 if he is in college and has to write papers and a good antivirus program), and I would also suggest a cam (camera/recorder) that sits atop the screen for him to send a view of himself to others and he can receive views of other people who use them. Cams just rest on top of the screen and come off when he's ready to shut down and close.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:24 AM on Dec. 26, 2008