Pain after peeing...

This is the second time this has happened. At first I though I might have a kidney infection, but my doctor ruled that out. Once last week and again tonight after I pee I literally feel like someone is trying to rip my stomach off my body and it causes me severe back pain. My stomach isn't tightening when this happens (I am 30 weeks pregnant) but it is so painful I have to sit down or double over. Is it the way the baby is laying after I use the restroom or could something else be wrong? This is my 3rd baby and I never experienced this with my other 2. The pain last for about 20 minutes or so.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• I would guess it's something to do with baby's position. When your bladder is full, and then empties, the baby is going to move too. It's probably resting against a nerve. I would say if it happens again, try getting on all fours, and let gravity pull the baby's weight towards the floor. This should get it off any nerves, and give you some relief till baby turns again.

And PS- do your Kegels too!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Marylynn please dont be rude! How would you feel if someone talked to you like that! You could have said it in a nice way like "have you been tested" Did'nt your mother teach you the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all"

I agree with Partygalanne. It may just be the way the baby is. Try talking to your doctor again and see what they suggest.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 2:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I see marylynn deleted her comment, but I will go ahead and answer her question. No, I do not have an STD. Yes, I have been tested. Also, I have been married to the same man for 5 years so, I would say if I had an STD I would have noticed it 5 years ago :)
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2011