Braxton Hicks or Baby?

I am 27 weeks. Lately I have had this feeling once or twice a day like the baby has turned horizontally and is laying with her back to my belly and has situated herself very very low in my stomach. Its like above my bellybutton will get flatter and below it will look like a speed bump. And it does get tighter and somwhat uncomfortable. So I was wondering if this could be braxton hicks by chance or if its just her moving around. Also I find that she likes my right side better. Has anyone else had their baby pick a spot and kinda always stay there?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 9:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be Braxton-Hicks. Does your stomach feel really hard to the touch, kinda like the knot you feel when you get a leg cramp? If so, then that's definitely what it is. And it's not uncommon for the baby to like a particular spot. My son got where he liked a certain position, and he always had to be head down; so if I lay on my right side, he'd wiggle around so his head was over there, and if I rolled over so did he, and this during the last month, which was very uncomfortable, but they don't seem to take that into consideration, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes it does feel hard then. Its just really localized so thats what made me think it was her laying sideways like that. But I bet it is braxton-hicks. they really "hurt" but its weird because it feels so tight.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That's what my boys did. They picked a spot and stayed there. Except this last baby would move more often and eventually go back to that spot.

If just one spot gets hard then it's just baby. If you whole stomach gets hard then it's braxton hicks. I had them my entire pregnancy. If you drink more fluids it helps a lot. I always thought I was drinking plenty of water. But I started getting up to 10 BH contractions a day. I drank even more water and they almost completely went away!
    01buckler15

Answer by 01buckler15 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2008