I have two names picked out for a boy and girl, what do you think?

For a girl I picked Sophia.
For a boy I picked out Jude.
My husband loves them but my family hates them. :/

DjCabitac

Asked by DjCabitac at 12:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Baby Names

• It's not your family's baby - it's yours. They sound fine to me, as long as you don't mind a few "Hey! Jude!" comments for your son. :)

If you and DH like the names stick with them. If you name them something else to please your family you'll just feel resentful and regret not naming your child what you like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Well I love both! :)

We named our middle child Sadiana Adelle, call her Sadie. My grandma of all people told me that she literally hated the name "Sadiana." It hurt my feelings but you know, it's my kid. lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I like them both, LOVE Sophia. Your family doesnt have to like the name, you and your husband do, and they will get used to it in time!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I love jude!!!!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I like the names!
    My family didn't like my sons name either, but it's not their son, so tough!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I love Jude it's at the top of our list :) Your family will learn to love the names once the little one arrives.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 2:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I like them!
    Mamaclna

Answer by Mamaclna at 3:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think they're cute! It shouldn't matter what your family thinks. It's your child, only your husband's and your opinion should matter. After the baby is here, your family won't care what the name is. All they'll care about is that bundle of joy. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I love them both. Although Jude reminds of the Beatles. But I still love the name.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think they are cute and classic.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2011