No more Cash

How often do you have cash?

All of my bills are paid on-line or dirctly debt from our bank accounts.
With paychecks directed deposit and debt cards.

Do you still use checks?

I only write checks to the kids school. (tuition, lunch money, yearbooks, school pictures)
I only pay one or two bills a year by check.

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I rarely carry cash. I use my debit for 99% of my purchases. I do write checks for daycare, school lunches, etc. but try to do as much online as possible.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I almost never use cash or checks. I am like you, I use a check for the kids school things but that is it. I don't even receive most of my bills in the mail anymore, I get them in emails and pay online. Much less paper involved.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• We carry very little cash, everything is paid for other ways especially since my ML was robbed in board daylight.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Very rarely, we use our debit card for everything and I only use checks to pay for my car and I pay everything online.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I write alot of checks still and it annoys people behind me but whatever I paid for them I'm going to use them...I do use my debit card to pay bills just because it is faster and easier
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I usually have, throughout the month, about $200 cash total. Not all at once, but that is about how much CASH I handle in a month. Usually I use debit card, and I pay most of my bills online :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I pay about 75% of our bills online, and never have much cash on me. Actually, its funny you mention this, because we sent my oldest off to day camp today and when we went to give her some money for the little store they have there, we had $4 between us. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i haven't used checks in i dunno how long. i am gettin to the point of not even wanting a checking account as well. fixin to start dealing with just cash..lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• All our bills are paid online except rent.
    We use the debit card for fuel and online purchases.
    Everything else is cash. Which saves us a ton of money- because you can't over spend with cash.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I always have cash.. I never have a day without cash on hand/readily available.

The only check I write is for rent.. Bills are paid online. However, for me.. There is no substitute for cold hard cash on hand just in case especially when something pops up unexpectedly.. I could never imagine not having cash on hand. Other than rent, bills, the occasional online order everything is paid for in cash. Groceries, clothes, household things..etc.. Always paid in cash.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011