• In the Spotlight:

Has any of your toddlers freaked you out this bad

we have just started a month ago putting our 18month old in a toddler bed.he has been doing so good.not getting up and wanting to play or what have you.well tonight i put him in and 4 hours later my dh came in our room looking around.i said what he said where is our son?i said he is in his bed.he said no he is not.i just went to check on him and he is no where in his room.i went in sure enough gone.so i looked at my dh and said where is he.he said babe idk where he is im not playing a game.so im freakin out my heart went in my tummy i couldnt breath well im crying.my dh said he looked everywhere.im like oh god what if someone had open his window and got him.i fliped on the light made a mad dash to the window it was locked then i heard a laugh and seen lil toes under his bed.i looked at the dh and said well did you happen to look under his bed.when we got him out all our child did was laugh.i have never been so scared in my life.

mom2curlyboy

Asked by mom2curlyboy at 12:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea my son has done that before, cept he actually fell asleep under his bed.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• yes mine snuck out just a few days ago and was headed to the pool thank goodness he had to pass the office and the lady saw him and knew who he belonged too!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yep...I had a little pumpkin who liked to sleep walk. I thought she was in bed and then I heard her get up to use the bathroom...only she kept on walking, and tried the basement door thinking it was the potty. I was there in a flash, but thought for sure she'd tumble down before I got there. Never a dull moment...
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• A week ago I was at my moms with my 2yo DD, mom was in the shower and I went to the bathroom and kept the door open, i heard her playing with her toys, when I came out, I couldnt find her. I burst in on my mom in the shower asking if she is in the bathroom with her and she wasnt there either. we searched the whole 2 bedroom condo and she was no where to be found. I heard an ambulance pull up outside and my heart dropped and I started crying and running outside. I ran to the ambulance (they were there for something else, thank god) I ran around the whole complex, then I finally found her at the pool with some teenagers they were asking her questions about where she lives and stuff like that. I come to the pool and shes all cheery, saying hi mommy! I almost had a heart attack. And then she was asking why is grandma outside running with a towel on. but yes kids do that and it scares the balls out of us parents
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My son did the exact same thing once. I was so freaked out!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• The joys of being a parent :)
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I am a firm believer in a crib. I don't believe in toddler beds, and this is part of the reason why. Toddler beds weren't around a generation ago. No one used them. Kids slept in cribs until they were four, five, or even six years old. A toddler bed is just one more way to spend your precious dollars, and they are not safe. I know they will be recalled eventually, but I fear that too many tragedies will have to happen first before that occurs.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yes! LOL We found him sleeping in the rocking chair.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My brother use to do stuff like that all the time. My mom put him down for a nap one day and as soon as she left the room, he was gone. It took them hours to find him. She knew he didnt leave the apartment (we lived on the top floor and the only way out was the front door). They ended up finding him in a dresser drawer sleeping after like 2 -3 hours of looking for him. I can only imagine how scarey it is not to be able to find your kid, especially after you laid them down for bed. I havent had that happen yet, my daughter is 4. She did choke on a quarter once and that scared about 20 years off of me. So I know that scared feeling. Its not fun.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I kept DD in her crib until she could no longer fit it for this very reason.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011