New to Cafemom...

Hello ladies! I am new to cafemom and am anxious to find out how many of you have ever been betrayed by your DH or SO. If yes, what did you do? I'm stuck in a situation that I should have gotten out of a long time ago, but stuck around because I thought he would change...NOT! He has cheated on me, not once, but twice and here I am still with him. I don't trust him and he wonders why I question every move he makes...he turns it around like I'm being a B*tch, yet he created it all...what to do....

desertlove

Asked by desertlove at 12:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I have been there, done that. I am sorry you are dealing with that. My 1st husband cheated time after time and I stayed thinking it was best for our son. When our son was 2 I left him. It was the best thing I could have done. I met my current husband and have been with him for 18 years (married 16). My son grew up seeing that a woman should not put up with cheating and dishonesty and that is what I wanted to teach him. You are better than that...you deserve better.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i could have written this years back when i was married
    he cheated, i did everything to forgive and forget (and he did not help me out much on this)
    he cheated again
    blamed me, said "why are you not over this already", said before finding a cheating time "you are crazy to think this"
    etc
    etc
    etc
    abusive
    abusive
    abusive

leave him!
    it will NOT get better as long as you are "controlled" by him
    it only gets better when you FINALLY decide to leave
    and i will tell you when you do leave
    you will feel new, alive, fresh, unburdened, sane, justified, beautiful, strong, happy, and self satisfied
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I had one of those losers myself, and I too am sorry you're going through this. I left mine and found a wonderful man whom I've been married to for 26 years now. I look back and think of all the time I wasted because I loved him. It was the best move I've ever made. Because I'm important, you're important as well as all these ladies here. Never allow a man make you feel anything else.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Been there and I left, it took time so Im not one to judge why you're still there, as I tell my current SO I was not as headstrong as I am now. He cheated even had the nerve to bring her child to my house disguised as his guy friends son and I was taking care of him. I called it quits and cut ties with him. I've seen him since, and completely gotten over it, but there will never be another us. Move on leave him. His infidelities are not worth the worry. Find a man who will love and respect you. My current SO I don't doubt for one minute would ever do something like that to hurt me, thats the kind of security your suppose to have in a relationship.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 4:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• relationships are built on that solid foundation. It sounds to me like you already know what to do but you wont just tell your heart its got to be done.
    jenni_j

Answer by jenni_j at 9:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011