• In the Spotlight:

Pregnant. Again.

I've already got a 5 month old...And I'm about to have another that I am excited about. But how do you handle two babies that are so young?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 10:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 5 and 6 yr old, they are 13 months apart. I didn't think I could do it but after seeing them together when my 5 yr old was born it was all I needed. I just included my 6 yr old in everything. When I was nursing my youngest he would sit right beside me, so from day one they have been close. Now that they are older they are best friends and will be for life. The best part is all the funny stories I have. They are thick as thieves,lol
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 12:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• with alot of patience my friend good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Oh wow... Well, lots of people do it. My cousins are 11 months apart, and my aunt seems to still be sane & has all of her hair, so it's do-able! : ) Like the above answer said, it's gonna take patience, and I'm sure there will be days when you're so sick of diapers & crying kids, but think of it this way--- you'll get all of the sleepless nights & the diaper duty out of the way all at once! I've heard a lot of people say that it's a lifesaver if you can get both kids on the same nap schedules, and I can imagine that they'd be right! Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have 5 boys all under 5, no twins, no multiples, all natrual. I found it hard when i had my 3rd but boy having another 2 so close does'nt even compare. Take your time with things and everything will work out.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 10:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well, people have twins or triplets and they make it work right? You'll find a way to make it work and you'll think to yourself "How could it have ever been any other way?" That's what us moms do, we make it work. Congrats to you on your new and newer additions!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• wow! i already want another one too and my baby is 5 months old. I want to try for a girl =) congrats!
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 10:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It'll all be ok. The worst of it is the cost of having two in diapers lol.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Good luck! I couldn't do it. I guess you just gotta have a lot of patience and energy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My boys are only 12 months apart. I found out I was pregnant when my first was 4 months old. I was really scared at first. I didn't know how I was going to handle two little ones. Now my oldest is 18 months and my baby is 6 months. I wouldn't have it any other way now. It was a little rough at first. We had my first weaned from his bottle about 2 weeks before I had the baby and he of course wanted the bottle. I tried to breast feed but my 1 year old was all over me and distracted the baby and it ended up not working out. All in all I love having them this close together. If my husband agreed to it I would get pregnant again right now. I am already in the groove of having 2 little ones. I am in the swing of diaper, him waking up at night, making bottles, and all that goes with little babies. Good Luck and message me if you have any questions!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Find people you trust with your children who are eager to help out. Some pregnant days when you just don't feel well at all let them come and get your 5 month old, and once you have the baby ask them to help with the older child here and there to ease your responsibilities.

Many people truly want to help and there's nothing wrong with letting them help out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2008