Etiquette for impromptu wedding/elopment

Ok so my daughter is getting married on Friday after finding out that her and my soon to be son-in-law are expecting. I'm a little disappointed because there won't be the traditional wedding and reception but I know these things happen sometimes and I do have another daughter (who promises me a traditional wedding! lol).

I would love to send out a tasteful announcement on the nuptuals but on the heel of this announcement will be the invite to the baby shower. How in the world do I make the wedding announcement without mentioning the baby? I thought about joking about it like saying "in an all amerecan traditional shot gun wedding, my daughter blah blah blah" but some people will think that is tacky and not get the joke.

Please ladies (and men with a flare) school me on this. I have no idea what I am doing!

MeeMeeJen

Asked by MeeMeeJen at 10:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• It's hard for our generation to understand that things often happen in reverse order than in our generation. There's no shame in your daughter's sitation like there would have been years ago. Therefore, there's no reason to NOT mention it..as long as it's done with taste and with love. You might word the announcement to say something like: we have a double blessing to share with you...or something like that.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 10:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I like companygoddess suggestion. I have two kids and one on the way and I aint married. I mean me and the kids dad are together and plan to be married but yeah no traditional wedding for me. I just think it would be weird. I don't like the attention or being center of attention I should say.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008