Help!

How would you go about telling a friend their deodorant is not working,seeing that you have already agreed to carpool with them to work every day?

Sarah961

Asked by Sarah961 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Go buy some really new stuff like the secret that has the unique fragrances to it. BUY TWO and some other lil things to go along and tell her you went somewhere and got these free samples and say, "I got two, but I don't need all of this, would you like it". She'll use it wanting not to offend you and if she doesn't, ask her about it saying "have you tried that new stuff I gave you, I really like how its .........', until she does.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 4:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Use a little tact, and explain how u feel. If she is a friend, she will understand and u could make a joke about about or something. U don't have to be mean. If u think she stinks, odds are the other people at work think so too. Thats the problem with society now days, nobody seems to be willing to speak up about anything anymore. Whether its something this simple, or ignore a woman who is screaming for help thinking "oh I do not want to get involved" Be kind to your friend Sarah and tell her. How can anyone fix something wrong if they do not know it? Wouldn't u want someone to speak up if u stink? Or if Aunt Flo is visiting u and u leaked and it shows up and others see it, wouldn't u want someone to speak up before u go to a big store or something similar???
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• There is no way I would ever hurt someone by telling them they reek unless it's my husband or daughter.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• how close are you and that friend ? i have had to tell that to my cousin and she was very grateful- i did it tactfully and she appreciated it, she admitted that she had no idea she reeked like onions and old cheese. i guess she was immune to it. but she thanked me. Anyways.. it totally depends on how close u guys are.. good luck with the car pool. sniff sniff hooray!!!!! lol. sorry i had to throw that in there.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• BUY her some, and a few other things, like samples.

I would not hurt her feelings,♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

If this does not work, I agree, with .........Michigan-Mom74
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• sorry I forgot Deorderant......
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• LOL! I laugh because when I went to nursing school, the instructors actually had a seminar on how to tell a co-worker that their personal freshness isn't all it could be. Their suggestions included being straightforward but kind and have the conversation away from others so as not to cause undue embarassment. And nurses have a code of sorts, if another nurse offers you a mint, it's time to hit the ladies' room and check yourself out for rank areas.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2011