I was diagnosed with MS...

I was dianosed with MS and I'am very depressed....Iam 29years old single mother of two my daughter is 10 and my son is 8...and I feel like nobody is going to want a sick person!!!! Iam dating a new guy I met but its nothing serious...I just keep thinking about my future with my kids and being sick will I ever meet someone to take care of me when I get worst... :(

yami10b

Asked by yami10b at 2:37 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• My friends had it 10 yrs, she is raising 3 grandchildren, the meds she got has helped her to live a fairly normal,,
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You are not alone! There are plenty of people with MS. Try finding a support group in your area or just someone to talk to about how you are feeling. And don't think that just because of this that someone "wont want a sick person" That is not true. There is someone out there that will love you, support you through all your tough times and love your children as his own. I know it is hard not to be depressed, and I can't say "I know how you feel" because, I mayself have never been sick, but my stepmother is terminal. So I understand some of the things you are feeling. But keep in mind your babies need you. When you are down, take a good long look at those precious children, and hold them, love them, hug them and kiss them. Because they will help brighten even the darkest day! Good luck luv, and I am sure things will turn for the better
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• hugs

sunsetbeach81

• You do not need a man to be happy first of all and there is a website for people with disabilities and dating but you would have to google it. MS varies from person to person and you still have a long life ahead of you with the right treatment. focus on that and your kids and the right guy will show up when you least expect it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I found an awesome man to love me & take on my life of chronic pain..they are out there!! Whoever he is..he will love YOU for YOU..not your illness. Never forget that you are still a whole person!! Bless You!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Hi, I have had MS for 20 years (I'm 38 and was diagnosed when I was just 18 years old - a scary thing). I have RRMS and was on Copaxone for a while - right now I am not on any MS drugs because no matter what I kept getting relapses. Do you get the MS magazine called "The Motivator" ?? It is a great research magazine and free to all those with MS - that mag. tells all the side effects and tells about all the MS MEDS out there!!!
    Right now I just deal with symptom management!
    I know it is scary but...it doesn't cause death, the symptoms can be manageable! There is an MS group here called MOMS w/MS...you should join us there for support ... look forward to sharing!!! Add me as a friend if you'd like ... here to help!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2011