What would help the pain in my calf after major charlie horses??

So I have always gotten charlie horses in my calves. Very very bad ones. U can see where my muscle is clenched in a ball and pulled upwards. U can see the dent from where my muscle moves..about an inch and a half indent.

I kno what to do to make it go away but the pain in my leg after is horrible. I got 3 friday night while sleepinf each lasting about ten minutes so 30 min altogether of this and since friday ive been walking like a major limp. It feels like my muscle got pulled I cant really use it and it will give out. Ive tried massaging it usinf heat...nothing is helping. :( any auggestions? I think I must have a deficiency of aome sort causing me to always get them.

Plleease input!!! Even if I stretch my muscles it doesnt prevent them.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• Eat some bananas.

Also, do what I can "crazy italians". Stand up on your tippy toes, then go flat foot....tippy toes....flat foot.
    It hurts, and sucks but, it'll work.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I eat so much bananas and drink so muxh water. Loli feel like im sol with it. Tippy toes I cannot do with this pain my leg will give out and ill fall!!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I drink a glass of milk. Sounds crazy but it works. And so does what chloesmom suggested. I do it sitting down and stretch.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 3:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• what works for me sometimes is to be on your back and bend the feet towards your head...so your toes are pointing up then bend them stretching your ankles as your toes curve toward your head. I hope that makes sense because it does work
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• When I get it I do that but after the fact my muscle is almst unusable and I need to relieve the pain they have been hurting since friday when I got it 30 min of charlie horses hurts so bad. I was like punching my bed and crying. Scared the crap out of my bf who was sleeping lol.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You are lacking either potassium or magnesium...you can buy tabs for both. Take daily multi vitamin also..sounds like you are very deficient to be getting them so often. Sorry..i know they are painful.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2011