What would you do ladies?

If you have a jealous and some what controlling man would you still do what you want? I love him so much and I know he loves me too. When I say do my own thing I mean good things not cheating or anything just being yourself and feel free for myself not worrying about what he's gonna think or do (cause an argument over stupid stuff) I could be doing something and he'll believe what HE thinks of it. I'm tired of it but yet he is a good provider and good to me in other ways :/
Why can't I have my cake and eat it too I mean I'm a good person to him and friendly to people. Why does he feel he has to make me feel like I have walk on eggshells or watch how I say things bc he'll take it the wrong way. I want to take our kids to go see the grandparents (12 hrs. away but yet he hasn't taken us) and he said NO! WTF? I feel like just buying the tickets and go...just go with it with him.
Thanks Ladies for hearing me out I sure could use a shoulder to cry on :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• That's not really jealousy, I have a husband who has a habit of being overly jealous, but he doesn't act in the way you are speaking. The behavior you are speaking of is more controlling. If you cant be yourself with someone, you shouldn't be with them. I know my hubby is jealous and he always tells me of the guy in the grocery store who stares me down or asks me about the neighbor, but I easily blow it off. When it becomes an issue and he doesn't want you doing certain things and knowing certain people, that's being controlling. Thats is a very unhealthy relationship, and if you have daughters they will be subject to his behavior to. Best bet is to get out while you still can. Be careful and good luck.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 3:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You are grown, and if your man makes you walk on eggshells, tells you you "can't" do something, , and controls your actions, you are not in a healthy relationship. If he won't go to counseling, get out and run as fast as you can, no matter how "good" he is to you, or how good a provider he is.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 3:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Both me and my husband found a cure for our severe jealousy long time ago.After both of us became swingers and joined the life style we don't feel jealousy any longer as no one of us cheat on the other. We do what we want with whom we want in front of each other and we are both happy for this arrangement.Too much jealousy kills love and destroy marriage so why don't you join the club and get rid of that jealousy forever?
    junglefevermona

Answer by junglefevermona at 6:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• A person who disregards your feelings and is controlling doesn't love you they only love themself. To me it would be a no brainer to not be with the person. As for visiting family just go if he freaks out what are you worried he will do? The fact you are worried speaks volumes. Your kids are watching you and him and what they see will shape who they become I wouldn't want my kids to see me in an unhealthy marriage like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

Interesting every couple I know who has been in that lifestyle is divorced. Worked for a while but human nature kicks in and jealousy tore them apart. No thank you we are monogamous and have no jealousy in our lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2011