Could my doctor be overlooking someone?

is it possible my docotor is overlooking a second fetus?twins

macmommckinsey

Asked by macmommckinsey at 3:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Maybe..How far along are you, and why do you think that he could be overlooking a second baby?
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 3:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i am due sep 11 and my "wicked" mother go to love her has put the idea in my head duetomy size and the crazy amount of movement and a couple sonogramppics
    macmommckinsey

Comment by macmommckinsey (original poster) at 3:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It's not likely if you've already had your gender ultrasound that they are overlooking a second fetus. I'm sure it's happened before, but likely very rare.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 4:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If you've had a sono any time after 12 weeks there is no way that your doc could have overlooked one. Also, at this point you would be bigger than a full term single pregnancy. I speak from experience :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I don't it. My family is trying to plant that same idea in my head. I am 10.5 weeks and have already started showing a little bit, so everyone is insisting that it MUST be twins and that the doctor missed a baby at my 8 week u/s. I keep trying to explain that my doctor had already said I would probably show sooner/ gain weight sooner since this is my second pregnancy.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2011