Are Mom and MIL eager for attention

I am now 9 months pregnant and coincidentally both my mom and MIL are both in the hospital. My MIL and I do not get along at all and just recently the police removed her from my home because she actually attacked me and tried to fight me. I was nice told them I didn't want to press charges but didnt want her around me and my kids. 2 weeks later, shes in the hospital for high blood pressure. I told my hubby to call and go see her, because I know thats what she wants (even her ex husband said it) but my hubby blew it off. And my mom has been in the hospital every 3 weeks it seems since January. She doesn't take her medication (she is actually ill) and lets her condition get out of hand and then waits a week or two and then goes to the hospital. This normally happens when I get mad at her about something she has done. Then as soon as I go and see her, shes fine and back at home within two days. I noticed this after the last time she was hospitalized and I rushed to the hospital to find her a-okay. I never doubt that she is actually sick, but she is doing things to make herself worse off for what seems like more attention. I don't know whether its because of my hubby(newly married) or the new baby coming. But I find it odd that every three weeks shes in the hospital yet they release her days later and shes fine and out and about, going fishing, shopping, etc. Has your parents/IL's ever acted out for attention when you were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Controlling, manipulative behavior. If it was a child, I'd ignore the child, so I'd do the same to an adult. They make their own choices...if being around their granchild isn't enough incentive, then there isn't much you can do to change their behavior.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 4:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Mine hasn't pulled the sick route...yet. My mother is manipulative and sometimes I think she is dead inside. She is mean, spiteful, vindictive and if things don't go her way....sigh! She talks horribly about my brother and myself to each other and to strangers and my step-dad just shakes his head. No wonder he doesn't mind being a long-haul trucker.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My MiL will do this stuff and she recently told my hubby that I was a money grubbing whore and they including his dad got into a big arguement and he found out she was trying to start a fight between him and I hoping I would leave so he could \ would come back home to live with her and FiL so he could be their personal assistant because they have took on SiL's kids to raise cause CPS has took them cause she couldn't lay down the drugs.. my inlaws are cut off at the moment, I have over looked a lot of bad behavior from them but this took the cake..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Maybe you are reading too much into it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not my mom or MIL but SIL. Every time something is wrong with me, the exact same thing suddenly goes wrong with her. Every time. I have a stress related stomach condition and a week after I was diagnosed, suddenly she is suffering the same thing. My gallbladder failed, we start hearing that hers is too. I got pregnant with our first baby and she suddenly has a pregnancy scare literally a day after we announced. Then I get pregnant with our second and she's a day late for her period, supposedly, and she is obviously pregnant. Then when it comes two later she had a "miscarriage". There are some very messed up people in world who have to do this stuff for attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Both are controlling and manipulative women I wouldn't allow them around the kids at all. Not healthy for them to be around people like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2011