How does this work?

If I were to purchase tickets on line by using my debit will the total be taken out right away (balance $100.00) but tickets are $400.00 but I plan to put more money in the morning to complete the transaction. Do they wait and check to see if you have the funds or decline it I know some places might decline but these are airline tickets.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• Wait till the money is there. Most online retailers submit it right away & the bank puts a hold on the amount of your purchase until it actually clears. That's how purchases are approved or denied based on your available ballance. IF you have enough overdraft credit, the purchase might go through, but it could cost you more than you'd planned on paying.
    SleuthMaria

Answer by SleuthMaria at 5:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• with a debit card it will usually pull from the account right away. if the funds aren't in there it will prolly decline it.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think debit takes it out right away, the whole amount.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If the funds are not there, the transaction will be declined

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I agree with PP
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011