Would you rather have your own picked wedding ring picked out or wear your dh's grandmother's ring carried down for generations?

I'd want my own...IMO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I love the idea of wearing something that had been passed down for the sentimental value, but I think a wedding ring in particular should be new and special to you. No reason to NOT wear grandma's ring as another piece of jewelery, though, or have it reset into something else you like if the intent is that it be your own.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 4:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i love the idear of giving taht ring to my daughter or son for there wedding so i were th family ring
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd rather have my own. DH's grandma's are both...bitches? I've only met one, but the way their family talks about the other, I don't want to meet her lol. If not for that, I kind of like the idea of passing a ring down, but I couldn't wear it since I'm allergic to gold, and more than likely that's what it would be made out of.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• For me, it'd depend on the style of the family heirloom ring. My husband didn't have a family ring to pass down, so it's a mute point here, though. As the first born of the first born, I'd love to get my Grandmother's ring when she passes, assuming she isn't burried w/it, so I could pass it on to the first of my boys to get married so he could give it to his Bride, if they'd want that.
    SleuthMaria

Answer by SleuthMaria at 5:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my own ring. i don't want no bad ju-ju lol. i am a bit superstitious.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would wear Grandma's ring. Getting a new ring is a very nice idea, but a ring that was worn for 75 years by hubby's grandma, would mean so much more.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd want to wear his grandmother's ring. I love that feeling of tradition.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd rather have my own. A lot of the older pieces just don't look good on my hand.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd want my own.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 10:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I want my own. I'd keep the other one for sentimental value.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2011