Natural birth and piton birth...

My first birth was piton induced at 41w2d (standard procedure for my hospital). I was 4cm dilated and had her in 5.5 hours. She got stuck at the head, and then again at the shoulders for 1.5 min due to her size, she was over 9lbs. I have low risk pregnancies, and did not have GD. My doc after I had her said I should either be induced or have a c-section at 38 weeks because she got stuck.

Two years later in pregnant again and I want to have a natural birth this time. My new doc said that it's in my charts to offer induction at 39 weeks, but that it's up to me.

If you've had both a natural birth and a piton birth, which one was less painful? Or were they equal? I hope to go into labor naturally, but they will induce me at 41w2d again if I haven't had the baby yet.

Flippindadaisie

Asked by Flippindadaisie at 5:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• natural birth would hurt less during the contractions because pitocin incressed the time and strenght of them
    leandrat

Answer by leandrat at 8:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• ps- using pitocin after a csection incresses the risk for another csection and uturine rupture just FYI (im a vbac)
    leandrat

Answer by leandrat at 8:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2011