What do you think about my situation.

I talked to my husband already. He says he loves me a lot. He is in the military he doesnt call that often. He had told me that was better for us to get divorce and i said ok. then he said that he loved me and he didnt want the divorce. i love him too. the problem is that he doesnt call that often and i feel that he is cheating on me. i asked him to be straight with me and be honest that i wouldnt get mad at him but i wanted the true. he told me that he wasnt its just that i dont know things are in the army. saturdays the phone is off he always comes up with different excuses. i dont know if its just me or am i having the right feeling. what do you all think give me your opinion. he is not working this week. he says that he is always usually in the gym then comes to the room. i dont know he is 39years old and i am 27 years so i just dont know if its me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• He's avoiding you for some reason. I'd go with your instincts. He may want to have his cake and eat it too. Think of your needs and goals for the future. What do you want? What are your priorities because his are obviously not clear.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I do not have a husand in the service's, but what I do have is experiance with "CHEATING" I kow how you feel when you cannot trust the one you love. what you do need to do is trust yourself and yr intincts. you know your relationship better than any of us so trust yor gut feelin which is "sometimes wrong" but talk to your hubby and tell him hw you feel. it is the only way you will be able to move on. GL.
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 2:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i have so been in ur situation girl. my dh is in the coast gaurd, so he was underway for some reason or another. well, out on the ocean, u don't get cel service. but that did not stop him from talking 2 me. we emailed. then when he was at school for training, we would talk online or over the phone if he had signal. thing aren't that dif between the cg and army. there is no reason he shouldn't b able 2 call u through some point of the day, or email u. hell, even now, my dh emails me from work. or atleast every few days. and age makes no difference. if he was the one that brought up gettin a divorce in the first place, then changed his mind, there is still something wrong. did he ever tell u his reasons 4 wanting a divorce?
    ireshgurl

Answer by ireshgurl at 2:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• why did he want a divorce in the first place, bc of distance?
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• He can FIND the time to call you when he has free time. No exceptions.
    Americanmom483

Answer by Americanmom483 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• you lay down with dogs you catch flees I will leave it at that
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• ALWAYS go with your gut feeling! I ignored mine for so long, my ex husband ended up with 2 kids with 2 different women while we were still married. One of the kids was born 4 days after our oldest one, and I never knew it:( Don't wait around, live your life for you!!!
    mama14572

Answer by mama14572 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I agree with ireshgurl. Something is up when he changes his mind back and forth.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• In a real marriage, where there was lots of love, your husband would call you as often as possible. Cheating is VERY common in military marriages because the men are away from home for such extended periods of time. I think that it sounds like he can't really commit to the marriage anymore, doesn't want to commit to it, and that he wants out but feels guilty.
    ShammyShell

Answer by ShammyShell at 10:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Where is he? Is he overseas? If he's not overseas, I would have to believe he might be cheating on you.
    MommyEdwards

Answer by MommyEdwards at 3:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2008