• In the Spotlight:

Anybody out there speak fluent husband?

I want to ask my husband,

"Honey, please would you do xyz?"

But apparently, in husband, this translates to,

"Honey, please give me your opinion on why xyz is a waste of time."

If anyone out there know the proper translation for this phrase I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

runawaybunny

Asked by runawaybunny at 10:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I think you are asking for the wrong language though. I don't think it is "husband" I think it is "asshole". I myself haven't learned that language, although I live with one that speaks that language. I wish I could help you out, but I'm trying to figure it out myself!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I feel you. I tell my DH all the time Do I speakfrench.  Because I can say something. He acts think he didn't understand a word I just said. When I repeat myself  he say stop nagging.  It is frustrating

Answer by louise2 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think you have to trick them, somehow, to make them think it's their idea. I haven't figured out a surefire way to do this consistently, but wish you the best of luck!

Moomie

Answer by Moomie at 10:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• whats the matter honey don't you speak "dumb ass" its really quite easy to learn since it takes very little brain power. lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• um, I JUST had this conversation, I asked XYZ and I got LMNOP....
    kb714

Answer by kb714 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i can't tell you where i learned this language but when i ask xyz it's spells done. i just simply ask. in fact he probably does more for me then i do him. of course me giving sex is harder for me then what i ask of him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• LADIES, PLEASE!

"Darling, could you use those big strong muscles that I adore so much to take the trash out for me, the weather is so cold, I might catch the sniffles. I love you and I appriciate when you do those manly things for me!" A bit much, but you get the idea...

"Give you a leg massage while we watch my show?" If this one doesn't work the first time, wait patiently, it will happen!

Yes, I speak fluent Husband. Laugh all you want gals, they do the same with you!

KimPepperoni

Answer by KimPepperoni at 11:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• LOL! Oh, yeah. It's all coming back to me. Thanks!
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 11:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Pretend you are about to do the chore and then pretend you just pulled a muscle..If he loves you he will run to your aid..If not you have a grinch!!! and you have to live with him..Either that or promise alot of SEX..It works for me...
    pinkcardinal

Answer by pinkcardinal at 11:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Try leaving a list of what you want done, inside your vagina or on your bOObs.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2008